The idea of using loose fibers to ‘bulk up’ the lashes is nothing new – Make Up Forever and Tweezerman, for example make a whitish powder that you apply to the lashes. My experience with loose fibers is usually so-so. For one thing, my eyes are sensitive so applying pure fibers is like pouring malt vinegar on to eczema.
Nevertheless I decided to try out Divaderme’s lash extender…
This one is black which make much more sense than the white powders that take an age to coverup with your mascara. The little brush is to get rid of the fibers.
1. Put a mirror under your chin and look down at it
2. Put one coat of mascara on – a fresh non clumpy mascara
3. Apply Lash extender tapping it first to get rid of the fibers
4. Apply the fibers to the end of your lashes in a rolling motion
5. Seal with 1 or 2 coats. Add more if you want.
1. It was very easy to work and the fibers were light and didn’t irritate my eye
2. It added thickness and length more than I could have got with just mascara
1. It made my lashes flop a little
Overall – this product is a vast improvement on all the other fiber lash extenders that came before it. As always, an issue with me is my lashes being weighed down so applying fibers to them is always going to affect them somewhat.
Having said that I was impressed by how non-irritating it was and no massive clumps like I got with previous brands. I’ll save this for weekends and special occasions, and use it with a mascara I know for a fact holds curl, like my Tiffa or SANA Big Curl mascara.
It’s £24 (a bottle will last forever) and go here to find a stockist.