There doesn’t need to be a reason to feature the lovely Thandie Newton, who I think just looks so beautiful in this photograph, which has her Bafta’s look:
This kinda works as a daytime or evening look don’t you think? It’s so pretty.
UPDATE: 21st/02/2011 – To clarify, the make up look that Thandie actually wore on the night and is in the photograph above was done by Make Up Artist Kay Montano.
Celebrity make up artist Caroline Barnes has some tips on how to achieve this look:
1) To recreate Thandie’s beautiful complexion, avoid using a heavy or matt foundation, and use a fresh, light reflecting base underneath to make skin look effortlessly healthy but with a modern finish.
Top Tip: Don’t forget to blend the foundation down your neck as well, especially if you are wearing a strapless dress like Thandie. You want the tone of your face to blend in with the rest of your body; this will ensure your skin looks as natural as possible.
2) Use translucent powder to dust around your nose and chin. You want your skin to look fresh and glowing not oily. So it’s important to matify your T zone area.
Thandie has added warmth to her skin and applied a warm pink across the top of her cheekbones up towards her hairline. Applying your blusher like this gives a very gentle feminine touch to your complexion.
3) Groomed eyebrows are very important on the red carpet, as they define and frame your eyes. The tip is to use a shade that is actually slightly lighter than your own so that the final effect is just definition rather than just darker brows. Extend the shape outwards to make your eyes appear bigger.
4) Thandie wears a very subtle but defined smoky eye. She has used a very delicate browny pink to flatter her skin tones and dress. Apply the shade over your eyelid but don’t take it any higher than your socket. Sweep the colour underneath your lower lashes and blend well so the effect is soft and diffused. Next use a black liquid liner on the top lid and extend out slightly to add definition.
5) With a soft black kohl pencil like Mac Smoulder, line the waterline of your eyes. This little trick gives amazing definition without your eyes looking overly made up. Using a cotton bud smudge a small amount of the kohl underneath the lower lashes and blend out towards the liquid liner.
6) Finish off with two coats of mascara but make sure they are not too thick and cloggy just long and elegant.
7) To create the same beautiful on trend matt lip use Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint Pen in 05. The pen applicator makes it very simple for everyone to achieve a beautiful lip shape.
Caroline’s Product Recommendations:
Olay total effects touch of foundation, Dark- £18.99 for 50ml
Blink eyebrow pencil, Indian Chocolate- £13.00
Max Factor Lipfinity Lasting Lip Tint, 05- £7.99
The look seems quite simple when you know how! Light, natural foundation, powder, brow product, pink blush, brown shadow, liquid liner, pencil liner, mascara and a lip colour – that’s it!
Do you have any product suggestions for recreating Thandie’s look?