I’ve decided to move the blog sale pages to Blogspot! Good old blogspot!
The reasons are:
1. As some of you will know every time I did a blog sale, the site would crash! This meant I had to spent the evening on the phone with the hosts, I would then have to fork out to upgrade the server and the site was down for ages, and it cost a fortune.
So I am guessing the blogger can handle all those visitors at once, better than my site can.
2. Doing a big blog sale is extremely stressful, because there’s so much to organise and it ended up (last time) taking nights and nights of sorting out and even then I got all befuddled! With a blog dedicated to sales, I can just upload things when I’m ready in small batches as I go along.
3. It’ll be easier for people to browse what is left over from previous sales and I don’t always catch comments, so if people just email me if they are interested in something I can deal with it quicker.
4. The blog sale posts are so long and picture heavy, they slow down the site when a lot of people are looking at them…
This idea was also inspired by Kathi’s Lotus Palace Sales Blog!
The blog sale blog is here, although the link at the top will also take you there. I will of course alert you if I add anything
Also, there’s also been lots of hoo-ha about bloggers selling free stuff they get from PR on their blog sales, so I’ve copied the “About” section from the sale blog here for all to read:
As a beauty blogger and general beauty junkie, I buy make up almost on a daily basis. Because I buy things for review purposes I tend to buy lots of shades and textures just to try out.
I also buy a lot of make up online and from Asia, so without being able to test something first I end up with a lot of unused make up.
Hence blog sales! It’s a good way for me to get rid of barely used make up that don’t quite work for me.
I sell the make up at a good price because I know that other people want to try out new things at a discount, and because I have so much I like to get rid of it.
I do not sell:
- Items in bad condition
- Items that were sent to me by PR*
I do include a photo and description of the item – if in doubt please do ask me. I will describe an items condition as well as I can – items are sold as seen.
* There has been a lot of hoo-ha about this sort of thing so I have to clarify – I sell items that I have personally purchased.
I understand that sometimes it may seem confusing – (ie. if X brand has sent you a press sample before, how come you are selling something by the same brand?)
The fact is I buy 80% of the products I review on my blog (since Asian brands interest me the most anyway), and if I want something I go and buy it – I don’t wait for PR to send it to me for free. I know what I have paid for and what I have been sent for review. I have receipts for my purchases, either paper or online invoice.
Just so you know. If you ever have a question you want clarified, however strange you think it is, feel free to ask me, you can also email me using the contact form – I promise I won’t bite!
P.S. There won’t be a new blog sale for a while because I am so, so snowed under with work at the moment. But at least the new blog is there, ready!