Inspired by Karen at Make Up & Beauty Blog. who was in turn inspired by a website called 43 Things I’m thankful for, where you can make lists of 43 things you want to achieve.I decided to put together my 43 Beauty Must Haves that I am grateful for!
1. Shu Uemura Kolinsky Brush 12s – the king of eyeshadow brushes and should be too at £100. The Kolinsky hair is from a Mink, a type of weasel, from the tail. Kolinsky is soft and springs back into shape easily.
2. Isopropyl Alchol. What a tragic thing to have at number 2! But it is excellent for cleaning brushes quickly, required for pressing pigments, cleaning tools, loosening glue etc. Availble at chemists.
3. The best foundation ever. Creamy, medium coverage, sets perfectly, RMK bases are amazing.
4. Shu Uemura Green Tea Cleansing Oil. The orginal. Still the best.
5. Keep your Paint Pots and Paints – the best creamy base for me is Benefit’s creaseless bases. Birthday Suit is the perfect brushed neutral chrome for the eyes though lighter gals might prefer Tattle Tale…
6. …but that doesn’t mean that I don’t love “>Urban Decay’s Primer Potion.
7. Oh and their 24/7 Liners are AMAZING – better than my Shu Uemura Drawing Pencils.
8. Nars Skincare -the facial soap, the mud masque, the hydrating toner, the moisturiser – all gorgeous and fantastic on sensitive skin.
9. Silvara Blackhead remover – you apply it like a nose strip but that is amazing for removing black heads.
10. Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eyeshadows
11. SANA Extra Large Mascara
12. Maquillage Lip Sticks.
13. Lavshuca Eye Select Palettes
14. Chanel Base Coat. Dries into a lovely matte white protective base.
15. Majolica Majorca Lip Cream. Smells of basil and has the perfect consistency.
16. Paul & Joe Eye Glosses.
17. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers. Preferable the 23k one.
18. Kate Glam Trick Eyeshadows.
19. Esprique Precious Cream Eyeliner. Pah. You ain’t tried smooth eyeliner til you tried this.
20. Visee Jewel Crush Eyes.
21. Visee Aqua Shining Eyes.
22. Jill Stuart. Because the packaging is exquisite.
23. RMK concealer. It is the perfect sticky long lasting formula and you can get the basic powder to set it.
24. Beauty Books.
25. NYXjumbo pencils. So soft!
26. Shu Uemura Hard Brow Pencil with Japanese Sharpening.
27. Creamy Compact Foundations. Favourites? Paul & Joe, Shiseido Hydro Compact & Maquillage.
28. Benefit Moon Beam.
29. Nars artist palettes in the rubbery black packaging.
30. MACPigments of course! You can’t beat em for a blast of colour – favourite? Gold.
31. MAC empty eyeshadow palettes – means I can fit my Lavshuca Singles & NYX Shadows in!
32. ELF also have palettes that fit, but only 4 at a time.
32. Mujihave big, comfy flannel headbands, essential for cleaning le mug.
33. Shu Uemura Liquid Eyeliner is like a felt tip and is the best for the most precise line ever!
33. Nars lip laquer in Chelsea Girls for nudey lips.
34. Nars lipstick in Schiap – hot hot pink!
35. OPI in My Private Jet – grey with multicolour shimmers.
36. Pout powder blushers.
37. Denblan Toothpaste
38. Paula Dorf salmon coloured concealer.
39.Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser.
40.Chantecaille Les Passsemer – Les Patiserie – Les Patemery – Les Passementeries…
41. Lavshuca Eye Jelly Eye Colour.
42. Shu Uemura ME Eyeshdows.
43. Nars Blushers, of course!
Phew! What would you put on your beauty list?