Seeing as I haven’t posted anything make up-like today, I thought I’d do something a little different for you. This was inspired by this post by the Muse.
I never ever do these kinds of posts normally – the ones where people talk about themselves, what they like and stuff because I don’t think what I have to say about me is particularly interesting.
I blog a lot but I know I am a bit of an enigma. I figured you and I have been dating long enough for me to tell you more about…well, me – the gal behind the blog.
Yes, my mother did cut my fringe herself….
1. I am great at opening lines and dramatic endings
2. But not great at the bits in the middle – which means this post may be a failure
3. I am a twenty-something female
4. I live in the UK
5. Oop North
6. Where I talk to strangers no matter who they are
7. One day I will visit New York
8. And live there, and I will eat hotdogs everyday
9. I also want to visit Tokyo and go to Hello Kitty Land
10. I like Hello Kitty but I hate the fact Paris Hilton does too
11. I am Chinese
12. I am not mixed race although everyone thinks I am
13. My family is filled with Matriarchs which means only strong men survive within in
14. Mr Candy is resilient
15. Mr Candy has amazing aural perception
16. I don’t like men who are smarter than me and Mr Candy definitely isn’t
17. Although he likes to think he is
18. He is possibly the most perfect man on the planet for me as I am intolerable – he is like an extension of my arm…and I don’t mean that in a romantic way, I mean in a freaky-alien-get-this-thing-off-me kind of way
19. I don’t take advice from people who could do with some advice themselves
20. I trust people too easily
21. I have very good perception of people – I’ve never been proved wrong, in the end, about what someone is really like
22. I believe on doing things on principle
23. Even if it makes life a lot harder
24. I need to stop doing things on principle
25. Because I need an easier life
26. I work a lot
27. So I got to bed at 4am and wake up at 8am
28. My late nights are taking its toll on my skin
29. But I believe that your youth is the time to put 100% into your goals
30. I believe in what I am doing, and I believe that things will come to fruition one day
31. I love to write
32. I did a degree in English
33. But my spelling and grammar is awful on this blog – why? Its a bit of free expression, innit!
34. I also studied Photography for a bit
35. I love technology. I would be a disk drive if I could be
34. I am very girly when it comes to clothes, cute things and make up
35. I am very masculine when it comes to work, relationships and farting
36. I love to eat
37. I love scallops in the shell, steamed with garlic
38. I hate liver – I can’t swallow it
39. I collect lots of things – books, notebooks, make up, handbags
40. I like music but tragedy or tragedies – I think musicals are my favourite
41. I love films – I know a lot about films, history, actors etc.
42. I don’t do girly, pointless films most of the time
43. I love gangster films
44. I love Wayne’s World
45. I want to find a song from Wayne’s World called Touch Me by Jennifer Blakeman, but I can’t find it ANYWHERE *hint hint*
46. I hate that bit in “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz when he goes “do-do-do-do-do-do-do-doobe-doobedoooo.” Arse.
47. I can’t wait to get an iphone
48. I did some engineering at British Aerospace when I was at high school, where I was so bad at it, I was told to just sit in the corner and solder metal to a board whilst everyone else put together a clock
49. So I bent the metal bars and spelt out ‘I Luv Ronan’
50. I used to be obsessed with Boyzone
51. It was my alternative to having a boyfriend as I wasn’t allowed one til I was 26 (my mother said). That age has now been lowered.
52. I met Shane from Boyzone once in a bar in Dublin. Lovely. Met Keith too. Arse.
53. I was wearing a tiger print dress when I met him. Oh, dear tasteless youth.
54. I don’t wear heels because I just can’t walk in them
55. I enjoy fashion but I don’t take it seriously at all
56. I have kitties
57. All because the Mr decided he wanted one to do the stuff he’d seen on Icanhazcheeseburger.com
58. Now they are my family too
59. They are so pampered
60. I had a rabbit called Paul as a kid
61. My mother and co. got rid of it because it pooed too much
62. Megan is my cousin
63. My family are hilarious
64. My nan is a nutter but in many ways my hero
65. I bought a Macbook a few years ago now I am a dedicated follower of Apple
66. People feel the need to take the mickey out of me because of this but I can see a place for Apple Macs and PCs….obviously
67. I am a girl gamer
68. I am a Nintendo girl. Screw your Sony, Screw your Sega, Screw your X-box
69. My Childhood was defined by Mario and Zelda
70. I believe you can learn to do anything
71. But you have to want to learn
72. I have a stupid sense of humour
73. I laugh at people tripping up
74. I procrastinate so, so, so much (this blog post is pretty much a procrastination, right?!)
75. I run my live through an organised mess
76. When I am determined nothing will stop me
77. I can’t stand Kate Beckinsale or Amanda Holdern
78. I can’t stand John Barrowman either. I preferred him when he was on Going Live.
79. I love to read, of course but I no longer have the concentration to read a novel. I read factual books more than anything
80. I also love Graphic Novels – everyone should read Maus by Art Spiegelman
81. I love Neil Gaiman too – I did my dissertation on his Sandman series, much to the horror of my tutors.
82. I didn’t get my English degree when I was doing it. Now I totally get it.
83. My favourite writers are George Orwell, Franz Kafka and James Joyce
84. My favourite playwrights are Harold Pinter, Samuel Beckett and good old Shakespeare
85. My favourite poets are William Butler Yeats, Robert Frost and Edgar Allen Poe
86. Maya Angelou is an inspiration as is Spike Milligan
87. I love Greek Mythology
88. I am very fussy about the pen I write with and the paper I use
89. I scribble all the time
90. Its 5.00am in the UK and I’m up in 3 hours
91. The dumbest thing I’ve ever said was to my tutor in a class about Chaucer, when she asked me to tell her something about The Wife of Bath, and I said (because I hadn’t read it) “She’s a woman?”
92. I don’t have lots of friends but the ones I have, I trust and care about
93. I don’t do fair weather friends
94. I am bad at maths, but excellent at working out 20% off
95. I want a baby in a few years, but not before marriage
96. I am quite old fashioned
97. I think I’m dying
98. There are things I’d rather forget
99. But I would rather know than not know. Always.
100. I think that anything worth having needs to be fought for.
101. I think I’d like a cup of tea.
I’m done! It took 40 mins, longer than expected, d’oh.
So, what else do you want to know?!
Tell me something about you!?