I don’t know about you but when it comes to buying make up I definitely have different shops I go to when buying certain things, ie.
Internet = Asian cosmetics
Boots = General skincare and high end brands like Chanel and Dior because of the points!
Debenhams = For Guerlain, Smashbox and Urban Decay
John Lewis = For Givenchy
Superdrug = For brands like MeMeMe and Sleek
Boots has the brilliant Advantage Card which I have used to buy many, many things over the years and now here are two more incentives you make you part with your money:
1. Superdrug launch their beautycard on May 11th 2011….It works like Boots Advantage Card.
Things you need to know:
– You can earn points on all purchases and Superdrug’s own brand products but not on prescriptions, giftcards, phone top ups, stamps and baby milk (which is pretty much the same as Boots).
– You can earn points online or instore.
– Points can be redeemed in store only (like Boots).
– However you can use the points as PART PAYMENT for an item (which you can’t with Boots advantage card).
– You will be eligible for special offers and discounts.
– The Beautycard doubles as a mirror…erm, ok.
– On the launch customers can earn a bonus 50 points for every £5 spent in store (until 07/06/2011) and if you shop online, customers will get 10 points per pound.
– All Beautycards can be registered either at Superdrug.com or by completing the sign up pack they have picked up in store.
– Customers need to have a minimum of 100 points to start spending.
– So 100 points works out as a £1.00 etc.
Sounds good to me!
Meanwhile Debenhams have launched their Beauty Club iPhone app.
The free-to-download, fully transactional app, complete with expert advice, incentives and tips, follows on from the success of the Debenhams iPhone app, which has seen over 400,000 downloads and sales of over £1 million since its launch.
The app is very good looking, I have to say, and easy to use. You can watch beauty videos, shop with free shipping and use other tools like ‘Paint your nails’ and a ‘Barcode Scanner’ which allows you to read instant reviews before you buy.
Will you be getting a Superdrug Beautycard, or downloading the Debenhams Beauty Club App?
Also tell me, where do you go to buy your beauty products?