When I was growing up one of my favourite things was a tatty old red sleeping bag my mum had owned for years – there were holes in it – but I just loved crawling in there and snuggling up. It’s amazing how kids find the simplest things entertaining!
I was recently sent a luxurious sleeping sac for the toddler to try;
This is no ordinary sleeping back! This is a snuggle sac.
Recommended for children aged 3 upwards, this snuggle sac has these qualities:
1. Warm (5.2 tog and thick all the way around, fleecy on the outside with cotton lining)
2. Has a safety zip
3. Is machine washable AND can be tumble dried
4. Has been tested for safety and complains with EU safety standards
5. Has a space behind the head to insert a pillow
6. Comes with a bag to carry it in, which is essential since it is quite a large bag.
My thoughts are:
– The sac is very cute and well made. It is so thick and luxurious compared to a regular sleeping bag, H liked it right away although it took a bit of coaxing to get him to climb in at first!
– It is quite large, H is 3 and it will fit I’m for a long time.
– It is extremely thick and bulky – I wouldn’t worry about him being cold or uncomfortable if he was using this sleeping bag. On the other hand if you want something really compact, this might not be for you.
– It isn’t cheap for a sleeping bag, it is a treat for your little one but if you think it is useful then its a worthy investment. You can use this on cold evenings in front of the TV etc.
All in all, this sac isn’t cheap but I can see why because of the thickness of it, the well stitched design etc.
Buy this Snuggle Sac here for £45 (other designs are available).