Every few years I seem to need a new pair of hair straighteners as my old ones start to show sign of age or wear and tear. My latest acquisition is the Nicky Clarke Diamond Shine Pro Salon Straightener – I am fond of Nicky Clarke hair tools and their red pair which I got many many moons ago was one of my favourites because it glided through the hair well, better than my early GHDs which had a matte finish and needed to be dragged through the ends.
Anyway…Diamond Shine straighteners:
• Real diamonds are infused within the ceramic plates producing a super-hard surface to create amazing shine, whatever your style
• This deluxe gemstone provides even, efficient heat distribution ensuring hair spends less time in contact with the heat to help avoid damage
• Far infrared technology penetrates the hair, drying from the inside out, which preserves moisture and protects against cuticle damage, for healthier, shinier hair
• Intelligent heaters automatically adjust the plate temperature, preventing loss of heat and damaging hot spots during styling
• Floating plates with five heat settings (max 235°C) for different hair types
• LED temperature display
• Hinge lock
• Auto shut-off
I really don’t know honestly how much having diamonds infused into the plates can really make a difference but I’ve noticed these are very good straighteners that get really hot, and glide nicely through even my coloured dry ends.
There’s the pretty diamond detail in the handle and various options heat wise. I tend to go for the hottest temperature usually, regardless, but I went for about a 3 and it seemed to take any unsightly kinks out of my hair fast.
I like to style with these straighteners too if possible – just adding a small wave (because I am rubbish at doing more) and its’ fairly easy with this pair – the plates are not too thick or thin and are easy to pull through. Does my hair look shiner – yeah I guess it does after using these but this could just be that the cuticles are being sleeked down!?
All in all, a good pair of decent straighteners half the price of GHDs.
You can buy this on offer for £56 from Boots at the moment.