Back in 2008, I did a series of ‘Mascara Missions’ and one of the popular mascara’s I reviewed is Imju’s Fiberwig. Some love this, some loathe it. I was very much in the loathe camp, since it was too…well, fibery.
I couldn’t have the wand near my eyes without some fibers getting in, irritating them and making them bleed…(ok overly dramatic. Making them run. A bit. Ahem.)
But did you know that Imju, in true Japanese effectiveness releases a new version of their original mascara every year? They also have this one, called Lash Knockout which is volumizing.
I purchased them both to see if my mind could be changed!
Imju Fiberwig Lash Knockout Mascara with effectly Volumizing powder. Imju Fiberwig Lash Knockout Mascara can be removed by warm water easily. This mascara can easily grab the root of lashes and coat every lash with liquid-fiber film.
One of the perks of this mascara is that you can wash it off with warm water, like with the famous Kanebo 38degree mascaras!
Problem alert (already!). This mascara came off me even when the water was cool, nevermind when it was warm. Slight problem for when it gets warm and my eyes start running…hmm….
And there is more…
I found this mascara quite flaky. Ahh but I am ranting too much, I didn’t even show you the brush.
How to use:
1. Comb eyelashes with eyelash brush. Curl up eyelashes with lash curler.
2. Take out the mascara brush. Brush your eyelashes outwards and horizontally. Brush the outer side of eyelashes first then the inner side for curly eyelashes.
3. Apply the second layer if necessary. Reapply after the previous layer dries.
4. Tidy up with eyelash brush.
Beside this, this mascara gives a very dramatic effect and is very black.
With one coat – lashes stay fairly separated:
Two coats – ALWAYS wait for one coat to dry, when you use Imju Fiberwig mascaras, otherwise it’s clog up city.
- This mascara looks great on (see above) when first applied from a NEW tube
- It holds curl quite well
- It is dramatic, lots of volume
- It is very black
- Brush is a nice shape
- It stays on quite well
- Within 2 weeks of owning this mascara it has gone really thick and cloggy in the tube! Yak!
- It does flake quite easily
- It will come off if your eyes water a lot like mine do
It was a promising start but I’ve only had this for a bit and it’s already a cloggy mess! Grrrr. So no, I am a bit miffed and I won’t buy this again.. Maybe the 2011 version will be better?
I paid about £11 for this on eBay. You can also buy it from Adambeauty.com.