Berrisom is one of the more obscure Korean make up brands (you may have heard of their infamous lip tint ‘packs’, which you apply then peel off to leave a tint but in reality waxes all your dry skin off). They have a lot of product out there but with so much choice when it comes to Korean, they’re not one of the brands that really catch my attention.
However, when I saw these glittery eyeshadow sticks I couldn’t resist buying a few colours. I am a sucker for cream eyeshadows especially in a compact stick form.
The USP of this product is that it is 35% water and therefore has a cooling refreshing effect on the eyes.
It also has a sheer sheen look (not powdery at all) and is smooth to apply. Every shade is glittery so if you hate glittery eyes, do skip this.
I LOVE glitter on the eyes. It’s one thing I just can’t quit – that bit of glitter to me is fun and glam. It’s my ‘thing’.
There’s 6 colour options.
1 – Caramel Walnut – a pale yellow gold (pictured below).
2 – Cotton Candy – a soft light pink.
3. Strawberry Juice – a medium gold glitter pink, below.
4. Cherry Coke – Reddened brown-pink
5. Classic Green Tea – Khaki Green with tons of gold glitter
6. Oreo Mousse – Silvery grey, below.
I was town between Greentea as I love green shadows and Oreo, as I rarely use greys and thought it would make a change. In the end I went for the latter.
Bit more infö on these sticks; you only click once or twice to use the product which looks like a lipstick. If you click too much it will NOT go back in so only click what you need.
There’s 2.5g per tube so it’s not loads but it’s enough as it’s water based, it will eventually start to dry out. (Many of my Korean cream colours dry out by the end of the year I’ve had them).
The packaging is cute. I like the oblique cut of these, I feel like they suit my eye shape well.
So my observations are:
1. The colours are cooling and refreshing as stated.
2. They are very soft but not in an annoying way, they don’t drag at all. The Caramel shade (the yellow gold) was crushed on arrival – probably a mixture of the fact it is very soft, the heat in the UK at the time and just general motion. It’s made me be a bit more careful with these, as I managed to squish some product back in, but it still feel quite ‘soft’.
3. If you want intense pigment, these are not the ones for you. You get a natural wash of colour (although the pink shade is quite pigmented really), overall these give a HINT of colour and a TON of glitter.
4. They almost have a liquid eyeshadow like quality to them due to how they feel which is VERY light. They dry nicely with no crustiness.
5. The glitter is beautiful in the sun, with dimension.
6. Longevity is excellent, no creasing.
Pink is by far my favourite – but I am a fan of pink on the eyes. The gold is fine but very metallic and the grey is super sheer, although I can appreciate it, I just don’t think I like these cool toned shades (with the exception of taupe) on my skintone any more.
I may purchase the Khaki too at some point.
Mixture of the pink and grey:
I think this is the new ‘thing’ for Korean brands as I’ve already seen that Holika Holika have a similar glittery cooling eye shadow stick out – which suits me fine as I love these kind of product!
I paid £6 each of these from eBay.
I really like them but they are not for people who want super pigmented eye colours or who hate glitter!
Are you a fan of these kinds of eyeshadows?